Friday, July 6, 2012

Family History Through the Alphabet ~ I

I is for Italian Immigrants. I have been able to piece most of Joe's Immigrant ancestors and cousins together with the help of  passenger lists from Ancestry.com.  All except for cousin Rosario Bologna.  I still have no idea where he fits in this family puzzle.

I have a feeling I am not going to be able to find any more puzzle pieces without forking out some bucks.

Recently I have been looking into Italian Immigrants in general and what they endured.  Thanks to the blog post Italian Americans of Boston, by Jenny Tonks I was able to get a glimpse of their way of life:






I can't wait until this project is done. It's going to be awesome. Joe's parents and cousins all lived in Boston's North End when they came over. It seemed that they all lived at either 4 or 5 North Square.


View Larger Map

Here is another look at the life of Italian Immigrants:






This was my first installment for this blog in the Family History Through the Alphabet Challenge.  What is your take on the letter I?




3 comments:

  1. Good luck finding out more. I always like to find out about what life was like around them at the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your continued search for Rosario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Leslie--thank you so much for the link to my blog. I'm so glad you found something helpful there! :)

    ~ Jenny Tonks

    ReplyDelete