Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Beatrice Mangiafico Marmorale

The following obituary was taken from the Vazza Funeral Home website back in 2003. It is no longer available there.




Aunt Bea, as she was fondly remembered, was the sister of hubby's father. Unfortunately, we never got to meet neither one of them. I had only discovered her in November of 2002 when I finally found three of hubby's siblings in Massachusetts, thanks to public records and the widow of Joseph Leonard Mangiafico.

After making contact with sister in MA, I found out about the two oldest siblings that they have never been able to find (mainly because someone didn't want them to, that's another story). The first time hubby got to talk to said sister in MA was when she called on his 40th birthday. He said, "That's the best birthday present I could have got."

Twelve days later, I found the two older ones in Florida. I gave sister in Massachusetts the phone number for brother in Florida and vise versa. They made contact for the first time. In December of 2002 I discovered yet another brother in Mass. He is only 2 years older than my oldest son.

In March of 2003 we were finally able to take a vacation to Florida and meet brother and sister.  A couple of weeks after we got back to Idaho we got the news of aunt Bea's passing.  It was her funeral that brought the two in Florida and the three in Mass together for the first time.

Five months later, we moved to Florida and here we are still. There are still two brothers in Mass that we need to meet as well as several rumored siblings that I have no idea how to find.

I will always consider bringing hubby and his family together one of my greatest accomplishments.



No comments:

Post a Comment